Do you think you have what it takes to be an adventurer? Why not embark on a unique experience across the Plaine Morte Glacier.
FAR NORTH EXPERIENCE
Do you think you have what it takes to be an adventurer? Why not embark on a unique experience across the Plaine Morte Glacier. With virtual coaching by the explorer Mike Horn, confront the alpine environment and become a Far North explorer, for one day and one night.
Through various physical and logical tests, push yourself to the limit and leave with unforgettable memories.
Who can take on such a challenge?
Adults aged 18 and above in good physical condition and good physical and mental health. Must not have any heart problems, history of stroke, respiratory distress or blood pressure problems.
Children aged 12 and above, accompanied by a legal guardian and subject to the guide’s approval.
The activity is supervised by a guide. For legal reasons, you will be asked to sign a disclaimer upon arrival. CMA S.A., through its representatives, reserves the right to deny access to the activity for any reason whatsoever.
Day 1 (from 2pm)
- Welcome and verification of equipment from the departure of Violettes gondolas
- Ascent to the top of the Plaine Morte (by gondolas)
- Descent of the glacier (snowshoes, mountain cart, toboggan or cross-country skiing)
- Presentation of the site and activities (challenge far north, survival games and sled dogs)
- Time to relax
Day 2 (until 10am)
- Wake up call
- Tea/coffee at the camp
- Ascent to the Plaine Morte restaurant for breakfast with your snowshoes or your ski touring (about 50 minutes)
- Descent via gondolas or skiing
We provide you with
- Pedestrian pass (ski pass not included / to be purchased separately at the cash desks if you wish)
- DVA Kit
- Insulation blankets for expedition
- Sleeping bags for expedition
- Underbags (liners)
- Slippers to wear on the camp
- Cups / utensils
- Meals / drinks (Cheese fondue or similar dish + cold and hot breakfast)
- Toilet paper
Les Remontées Mécaniques de Crans-Montana will not take care of the transport of your luggage. You will be responsible for carrying your backpack throughout the expedition, including the second day on the way up to the Plaine Morte restaurant (about 50 minutes of climb).
To participate in the activity, you must be equipped with ski touring or snowshoes (available for rent at SwissRent if necessary: https://www.mycma.ch/en/pages/location-de-ski-165). We strongly advise you not to bring your downhill skis with you (you will have to wear them on your back for the second day's ride).
For any other specific information, you can contact us on + 41 848 22 10 12 or by email.
Refund / cancellation conditions
Anyone who does not meet the criteria (dress code, health conditions, etc.) may be denied access to the activity for their own safety and that of the group. In this case, no refund is provided.
Cancellations due to adverse weather conditions: in the case of inclement weather, the activity will be cancelled. A replacement date will be offered or a full refund given.
Last minute cancellations, regardless of the circumstances: a full refund is possible up to 2 days (48 hours) before the event. With less than 48 hours’ notice, no refunds are possible.
Every Friday and Sunday.