Alone in front of the Plainte Morte glacier, pilot your own dog team and experience an extraordinary moment. After an introduction to the control of the sled and the behaviour of the dogs, you will be the only master on board for a unique northern experience. Share a unique moment in the company of these extraordinary dogs.
The initiation to piloting takes place in two stages: first you will learn the basics of sled control, the character of the dogs, their way of reacting in a group. Then you will take the controls of a sled pulled by 2 or 3 dogs, under the supervision of a driver. Emotions guaranteed! This activity may require some physical effort: accompanying the sled around bends, braking, pushing. The activity takes place in the heart of the white desert of the Plaine Morte glacier, at an altitude of almost 3000 metres.
Mushing initiation - 60 minutes for 1 to 4 minutes from 16 years old
- Meeting with the dogs
- Discovering the equipment and its use
- Learn and drive your own sled with 2 to 3 dogs
- Exchange with the musher
- Take pictures with the dogs
- The price of the lifts is not included. To get to the Glacier, clients must obtain a pass from the ski lifts. Price: Adults (from 16 years old) CHF 30.00 / Children (9 to 16 years old) CHF 15.00 / Free of charge for children under 9 years old.
- It takes at least 45 minutes from the resort (25-30 minutes on the lifts, 15-20 minutes on foot to the glacier). We strongly advise you to arrive at the Violettes gondola at least 1 hour before the scheduled performance. Please also take into account the possible crowds in high season.
For the ascent
- First, go to the departure of the Violettes gondola (Route des Barzettes 1) and take the 4-seater cabin to the top.
- Once you have arrived at Les Violettes, take the Funitel that leads to the glacier (large 15-seater cabin)
- Once out of the cabin, follow the snowshoeing and cross-country skiing path that leads to the flat of the glacier
The walk to reach the flat of the glacier is rather steep. It is therefore advisable to have good shoes and not to have any major physical problems. The ascent from the glacier to the gondola is also done on foot and can take up to 35 minutes.
It is important to arrive at the indicated site on time. In the event of a long delay, the service provider cannot guarantee that the service will be provided in full.
The client declares to be aware of the risks linked to sporting activities in a natural environment and at altitude, and to be in good physical health, with no particular problems incompatible with the proposed activity (severe vertigo, heart problems, fear of dogs, etc.). However, in case of doubt, please inform Swiss Mushing Company as soon as possible.
Swiss Mushing Company cannot be held responsible for any problems related to injuries, cold, hypothermia, various illnesses, or other unlisted disorders. You are advised to cover up well, and to wear clothing and footwear suitable for activities at altitudes above 3000 metres.
Disappointing weather conditions (snow, gloom, etc.) are not a valid reason for cancellation. If, however, Swiss Muhing Company has to cancel the activity for a reason of force majeure, the refund will be made in full.